TrueShred: The Blog
Yes, we have a blog! What will the TrueShred blog be about? Paper. Shredded paper, paper airplanes, papier mache, paper bags…wait. Not that kind of paper. We’ll be blogging about the paper that contains our lives—all those forms, documents, certificates, receipts, and statements that hold us together, but when put in the wrong hands, can tear us apart.
Paper and Privacy
Privacy issues continue to evolve as our world does. Although most people concentrate their fears on digital identity theft, the careful keeping and disposing of paper documents remains critical to our security.
At TrueShred, we are dedicated to confidentiality and policy compliance for our clients, whether you are a one-time client or a large firm with regularly scheduled service. To that end, we hope to post tips and tools here on our blog that will help make your life on paper easier.
We’ll post information on updates to HIPAA, FACTA, Sarbanes-Oxley and other acts that affect record keeping, as well as government policies and industry changes.
Check out the blog regularly to learn more about:
- Smart ways to organize household records and files
- How to create an Emergency Financial First Aid Kit
- How to get media like hard drives and prototypes safely destroyed
- Effective ways to keep your passwords and PIN numbers safe
- The length of time you should retain different types of records and receipts
- Ways to ensure your employees retain necessary documents in case of legal action
- What to do if you think your personal information has been compromised
- Documents to which you should always have immediate access
- Smart personal safety and privacy practices
Local Businesses Build Success
As a locally-owned, family-run business, TrueShred knows a lot about smart growth, best business practices, customer service, and other issues that our fellow local companies deal with. We hope to share useful information on these topics too.
If you’ve got questions about shredding, document destruction, or any surrounding issues, contact us or give us a call. We’d love to hear from you!
”TrueShred was prompt, efficient, clean and extremely professional. I plan to continue to use your service and will highly recommend TrueShred to other businesses.”READ MORE