Identity Theft: Secure Document Shredding Protects Your DC Area Business
Identity theft is quite common nowadays, affecting millions of companies and individuals each year. Regardless of whether the victim is a small business, large corporation, government organization, or individual, the risks and ramifications are the same: the potential for loss of assets and reputation. While it is imperative that the documents in your possession are handled and stored safely and securely, it is equally as important that they are disposed of in a safe, secure manner once no longer needed. Secure document destruction services by TrueShred are performed onsite, with a secure chain of custody and options for one-time or ongoing service.
Call TrueShred at 888-322-3218 to receive a FREE quote, and to learn more about how secure document destruction can eliminate the risks associated with identity theft from unwanted documents and electronic media.
How Does Identity Theft Occur?
Sophisticated software, elaborate phishing scams, and malware account for a large percentage of identity theft, but one of the biggest causes—and easiest to prevent!—is the physical theft of documents and other materials.
Cloud computing, wireless devices, and the trend towards employees using personal devices to conduct business transactions, all contribute to the growing issue of identity theft. Prevention is key, including the following measures:
- Limit the amount of personal data you collect and store on file, retaining only that which is vital to your business.
- Encrypt your data, regularly updating applications, as technology evolves quickly.
- Require all employees to use complex passwords, containing a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols, and to password protect all devices.
- Monitor all online activity using built in auditing functions.
Theft of documents and media devices can occur as the result of human error, such as materials left behind at the office copier, disgruntled employees, break-ins, theft on the premises during business hours, or improper disposal of confidential material. Methods of prevention include:
- Limiting access to designated areas of your office, using cardkey authorization.
- Cardkey access to office print equipment.
- Secure document destruction by TrueShred.
Document Shredding Services in the DC Area
A variety of industries can benefit from secure, onsite shredding services by TrueShred.
Meet all regulatory compliance standards pertaining to the legal profession, including the Economic Espionage Act, FACTA, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and U.S. Patriot Act. A secure chain of command and issuance of a Certificate of Destruction, provide the necessary audit trail for accountability. Trust our team for confidential, on-site document destruction for legal firms throughout the DC metro area.
Medical records are particularly vulnerable, containing a great deal of personal information which make them attractive to thieves. TrueShred provides HIPAA-compliant shredding of medical records and documents for practices throughout the region—our team will properly and securely destroy the medical information before disposal. We offer scheduled, on-going service as well as on-call service.
Financial & Accounting
AAA certification from NAID (National Association for Information Destruction) assures our clients that our secure destruction methods protect valuable client information with the utmost integrity and accountability. If your accounting firm or financial company need on-site, confidential paper shredding in the DC metro area, call TrueShred. As a certified document destruction company, we can ensure compliance with your legal requirements and regulations.
Government agencies on every level will appreciate our GSA-approved, onsite shredding services. TrueShred has a GSA pricing schedule, giving us the approved vendor status that local, state, and federal government agencies and offices need to employ our services. This policy ensures that agencies at all levels may take advantage of the secure government on-site shredding services offered by TrueShred.
School records are regularly created, transferred, and destroyed as students move throughout the system. Enjoy scheduled or one-time secure document destruction to protect student data from identity theft. Secure document destruction is the best way to ensure the confidential, permanent destruction of your educational facility‘s sensitive data—and TrueShred delivers on all fronts.
The Benefits of Secure Document Destruction By TrueShred
In-house shredding with a personal shredding device is ineffective, and can contribute to identity theft, through reconstruction of improperly shredded materials. The benefits of onsite shredding services by TrueShred include:
- Regulatory compliance.
- Receipt of a Certificate of Destruction upon completion to secure an audit trail.
- Permanent destruction of paper, and electronic media materials, which are impossible to reconstruct.
- Secure chain of custody, where your materials are never touched by hand, and you are welcome to view the destruction process via closed circuit monitors.
Prevent Identity Theft With TrueShred’s Document Destruction Services
You Can Trust TrueShred Through The Entire Process.
- Trust our team – TrueShred is a locally owned and operated family business founded by security industry professionals.
- Trust our security – TrueShred ensures a secure chain of custody for your sensitive material from the time we leave your office to the conclusion of the curbside shredding process.
- Trust our compliance – TrueShred issues Certificates of Destruction for your HIPAA, FACTA, or Gramm/Leach/Bliley compliance records.
- Trust our reliability – TrueShred arrives on your scheduled date or your service is free. Your satisfaction is always guaranteed—period!
- Trust our pricing – TrueShred pricing is simple, fair, and straightforward with no surcharges and no surprises. Get a free estimate today.
Contact TrueShred online or call 888-322-3218 to learn more about our document destruction services in the Washington, DC area!