Shredding Legal Documents
If you are looking for a secure service for shredding legal documents in the DC, Maryland, or Northern Virginia area, call TrueShred. We provide secure, on-site document destruction for legal firms, along with financial companies and government agencies, throughout the DC metro area.
For more information, and a free estimate, contact TrueShred today.
Confidential On-Site Paper Shredding
Eventually, even legal documents lose their value and become obsolete. Keeping such records indefinitely is costly and may expose your clients to unnecessary risks—risks that can be avoided through a sound document destruction strategy.
Regulatory compliance and increased emphasis on ethical conduct and accountability demand that you safeguard your clients’ privacy and administrative records in accord with the following legal requirements:
- FACTA – The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACTA) has a provision regarding the “proper disposal of consumer information.” It requires the “shredding, pulverizing, or burning of papers containing consumer information” so that personal information cannot be read or reconstructed.
- Economic Espionage Act – The EEA regards the security of trade secrets. It makes the theft of “all forms and types of financial, business, scientific, technical, economic, or engineering information” from a company a criminal offense. A company or firm is only protected by EEA if it can show that it took all reasonable measures to protect its information.
- Sarbanes Oxley Act – Also known as SOX, was enacted in 2002, this act says that paper and electronic records must be kept for five years. It also requires that public companies disclose and evaluate their internal controls. This means that an internal document retention and destruction policy is crucial.
- U.S. Patriot Act – The Patriot Act says that companies are required to provide ready access to documents. A carefully adhered-to document retention and destruction policy is critical to staying in compliance with the Patriot Act.
TrueShred provides secure shredding solutions for the legal profession. We help ensure regulatory compliance and a proper audit trail for all destroyed client records by issuing a Certificate of Destruction to your legal practice following each service visit.
Our Legal Document Shredding Process
TrueShred’s efficient process ensures a secure chain of custody for your confidential documents and other media. With our convenient curbside service, our uniformed professionals securely transport your documents straight from your office to our innovative shredding trucks for destruction. Once your documents are shredded, the destroyed paper is recycled. You also receive a Certificate of Destruction for your records.
Benefits of mobile paper shredding include:
- Ease – You don’t have to remove staples, binder clips, or paper clips from your documents. Our shredding truck destroys them easily, saving you time and annoyance.
- Convenience – We come to you. You don’t have to load and unload boxes or stacks of paper—we do it all, at your location!
- Security – With our secure chain of custody, you don’t have to worry about your confidential information being accessed from the trash. Our uniformed employees securely transport your sensitive files to the shred truck for destruction. All shred waste is 100% recycled.
- Time and labor savings – Let us do the shredding and you’ll have one less task to worry about!
Scheduled and On-Call Document Destruction Services
On-going shredding for:
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly recurring secure on-site document destruction
One-time shredding for:
- End-of-retention-period bulk shredding
- Other bulk shredding projects
Secure Bins and Consoles for Confidential Document Destruction
For businesses and organizations with recurring shredding needs, TrueShred provides secure, locked bins and consoles to keep your documents secure until your scheduled shredding service visit.
Other Media Shredding
Our heavy-duty mobile shredding trucks can also destroy:
- Hard Drives
- CD-ROMs and CD-Rs
- Computer backups
- Videotapes and cassette tapes
- Product samples and prototypes
- Uniforms and ID badges
Why Choose TrueShred for Secure Shredding Services?
You can trust TrueShred through the entire process.
- Trust our team – TrueShred is a locally owned and operated family business founded by security industry professionals.
- Trust our security – TrueShred ensures a secure chain of custody for your sensitive material from the time we leave your office to the conclusion of the curbside shredding process .
- Trust our compliance – TrueShred issues Certificates of Destruction for your HIPAA, FACTA, or Gramm/Leach/Bliley compliance records.
- Trust our reliability – TrueShred arrives on your scheduled date or your service is free. Your satisfaction is always guaranteed—period!
- Trust our pricing – TrueShred pricing is simple, fair, and straightforward with no surcharges and no surprises. Get a free estimate today.
Legal Document Shredding in DC, MD, and VA
Whether you require regularly scheduled on-going shredding service featuring free TrueShred lockable bins and consoles or one-time shredding service, we have a customized solution for you. TrueShred provides secure shredding service you can trust! Contact us for a free estimate today.
Read what our satisfied customers have to say about us in these TrueShred reviews.