Shredding for Educational Institutions in DC, MD, and VA
Educational institutions are held to a high standard when it comes to the storage and disposal of student and faculty data. Secure document destruction is the best way to ensure the confidential, permanent destruction of your sensitive data—and TrueShred delivers on all fronts.
Secure, On-Site Shredding For Schools
There is no shortage of documentation produced in the field of education. School records contain a wealth of information from academic to medical. When a student leaves one institution for another, records are often transferred electronically or copied and a physical record sent via mail or courier. When the original documentation is no longer needed by the institution, these records must be permanently destroyed to prevent the information from falling into the wrong hands.
TrueShred’s secure on-site document destruction services, using state of the art equipment, relieve your institution from the burden of in house records shredding.
The Educational Facility Shredding Process
TrueShred offers our customers a number of options for service, including:
- One-time shredding. Ideal for ridding your school of documents you no longer need at the end of a retention period or during records cleaning or reorganization.
- Scheduled/ongoing service. For ongoing service, our team will set up a series of locked consoles or bins throughout your building for the secure housing of confidential material in between scheduled service visits. On a recurring basis, one of our uniformed, bonded professionals will arrive at your facility and shred the contents on-site.
- Secure shredding. TrueShred ensures a secure, unbroken chain of custody for your files- they are destroyed curbside, on premises, in our state of the art shredding trucks.
- Media and electronics destruction. Non-paper media items such as DVDs, hard drives, microfiche, and CD-ROMs are easily destroyed using the latest technology.
On the day of your appointment, our uniformed TrueShred professionals arrive at your facility, and adhering to a strict chain of custody, transport your confidential documents from your facility to our on-site shredding truck. You are welcome to witness the entire shredding process over a closed circuit monitor. After each shredding visit, we will issue you a Certificate of Destruction for your records. The destroyed paper is recycled to complete the sustainable, secure document destruction process.
Educational Document Shredding Compliance
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal privacy law pertaining to student education records in public schools, including those institutions in receipt of funding from the U.S. Department of Education.
TrueShred is NAID AAA Certified (National Association for Information Destruction), an organization that demands strict compliance for all members, including the highest standards for:
- Facility and operational security
- Strict guidelines for employee hiring and screening
- Insurance requirements
- The destruction process
Early school records contain confidential information, and over time more personal data is added to include the following:
- Birth certificate
- Health and immunization records
- Legal documents pertaining to custody arrangements
- Grades and progress reports
You can rest easy knowing that compliance standards have been met for FERPA and an audit trail created for your records when you choose TrueShred for your Educational Document Destruction needs.
Educational Document Shredding in College Park, Falls Church & More
With TrueShred, you never have to worry about confidential information being compromised. Whether you require recurring on-going educational shredding service featuring free TrueShred lockable bins and consoles or one-time shredding service, we have a customized solution for you. TrueShred provides educational shredding solutions you can trust! Contact Us For A Free Educational Shredding Estimate Today!
Read What Our Satisfied Customers Have To Say About Us In These TrueShred reviews.
”TrueShred was prompt, efficient, clean and extremely professional. I plan to continue to use your service and will highly recommend TrueShred to other businesses.”READ MORE