The Difference Between On-Site & Off-Site Shredding
Every business relies on paper documents as a source of information, record keeping, communication, payroll, and more. Safeguarding client and customer data is a priority, but how can you ensure the integrity of your documents once they’re no longer needed? Professional paper shredding and document destruction is the most secure method of disposal available, which, in addition to providing peace of mind, also alleviates any liability associated with legal compliance. While shredding is the clear choice for unwanted documentation, choosing between on-site and off-site shredding isn’t quite so clear. Read on to learn the difference between the two, so you can make an informed choice for your business.
On-Site Shredding in the DC Area
As the name suggests, on-site shredding is performed on your property, using specialized equipment. Mobile shredders are custom designed vehicles with a built-in, industrial shredder that come directly to your place of business and shred materials on the spot. Customers are encouraged to observe the procedure, and are issued a Certificate of Destruction prior to departure.
Benefits of On-Site Shredding
A number of laws, and industry specific regulations, such as HIPAA (medical), FACTA (credit), GLAB (banking) and GSA (government), require certain protocols to be in place with regards to document and data destruction. The Certificate of Destruction is physical, auditable proof that procedures and policies were followed, with on-site shredding allowing for immediate receipt. Additional benefits of on-site shredding include:
- Risks associated with confidential information falling in to the wrong hands, are eliminated, with an unbroken chain-of-custody, and witness to shredding via closed circuit monitor.
- Shredded documents are unrecoverable, as tiny pieces are further mixed with other shredded paper, making reconstruction impossible.
- TrueShred provides your company with locked bins or consoles, to keep your information secure until your scheduled service. These containers are fitted with a small slot for depositing documents, and can only be opened by authorized, certified and trained personnel.
- Secure containers are brought to the mobile shredder by a highly trained, bonded professional, inserted in to the bin tunnel, and automatically transported to the inside of the vehicle, where the contents are then shredded—at no time does a TrueShred employee handle the contents.
- Our mobile shredders can handle up to 6,000 pounds of paper per hour, in addition to the destruction of mixed media such as videotapes, or digital storage devices.
- Shredded material is 100 percent recycled, helping to further green initiatives, and reduce your carbon footprint.
Off-Site Shredding in the DC Area
During this process, secure, locked bins, containing confidential data and documents are collected by the shredding company, and taken to an off-site facility to be destroyed at a later time. As a result, more individuals are involved in the destruction process, and the chain-of-custody becomes more complex. Coupled with the inability to witness the destruction first hand, this process can raise a number of questions regarding security, and may not be worth the risk.
Why Choose TrueShred for Document Shredding Services?
Whether you need on-site or off-site shredding services in the DC area, you can trust TrueShred through the entire process.
- Trust our team – TrueShred is a locally owned and operated family business founded by security industry professionals.
- Trust our security – TrueShred ensures a secure chain of custody for your sensitive material from the time it leaves your office to the conclusion of the curbside shredding process.
- Trust our compliance – TrueShred issues Certificates of Destruction for your HIPAA, FACTA, or Gramm/Leach/Bliley compliance records.
- Trust our reliability – TrueShred arrives on your scheduled date or your service is free. Your satisfaction is always guaranteed—period!
- Trust our pricing – TrueShred pricing is simple, fair, and straightforward with no surcharges and no surprises.
Contact TrueShred online or call us at 888-322-3218 for an estimate on off-site or on-site shredding services.
”TrueShred was prompt, efficient, clean and extremely professional. I plan to continue to use your service and will highly recommend TrueShred to other businesses.”READ MORE