The Difference Between On-Site & Off-Site Shredding
Every business relies on paper documents as a source of information, record keeping, communication, payroll, and more. Safeguarding client and customer data is a priority, but how can you ensure the integrity of your documents once they’re no longer needed? Professional paper shredding and document destruction is the most secure method of disposal available, which, in addition to providing peace of mind, also alleviates any liability associated with legal compliance. While shredding is the clear choice for unwanted documentation, the next decision is between on-site and off-site shredding. Read on to learn the difference between the two, so you can make an informed choice for your business.
On-Site Shredding in the DC Area
As the name suggests, on-site shredding is performed on your property using specialized equipment. Mobile shredders are custom-designed vehicles with a built-in industrial shredder that come directly to your place of business and shred materials on the spot. Customers are encouraged to observe the procedure and are issued a Certificate of Destruction before departure.
Benefits of On-Site Shredding
Several laws, and industry-specific regulations, such as HIPAA (medical), FACTA (credit), GLAB (banking), and GSA (government), require specific protocols to be in place with regards to document and data destruction. The Certificate of Destruction is physical, auditable proof that procedures and policies were followed, with on-site shredding allowing immediate receipt. Additional benefits of on-site shredding include:
- Risks associated with confidential information falling into the wrong hands are eliminated, with an unbroken chain-of-custody, and witness to shredding via a closed-circuit monitor.
- Shredded documents are unrecoverable, as tiny pieces are further mixed with other shredded paper, making reconstruction impossible.
- TrueShred provides your company with locked bins or consoles to keep your information secure until your scheduled service. These containers are fitted with a small slot for depositing documents and can only be opened by authorized, certified, and trained personnel.
- Secure containers are brought to the mobile shredder by a highly trained, bonded professional, inserted into the bin tunnel, and automatically transported to the inside of the vehicle, where the contents are then shredded—at no time does a TrueShred employee handle the contents.
- Our mobile shredders can handle up to 6,000 pounds of paper per hour, in addition to the destruction of mixed media such as videotapes or digital storage devices.
- Shredded material is 100 percent recycled, helping further green initiatives and reducing your carbon footprint.
Off-Site Shredding in the DC Area
During this process, secure, locked bins containing confidential data and documents are collected by the shredding company and taken to an off-site facility to be destroyed later. Unlike other shredding companies, TrueShred maintains a strict chain of custody of your documents to ensure they don’t end up in the wrong hands in the shredding process. Just like on-site shredding, you’ll be issued a Certificate of Destruction once we are done.
Benefits of Off-Site Shredding
Off-site shredding is best for businesses with less time to focus on shredding or standing by as witnesses to the process. Plus, TrueShred ensures this option is just as secure as its on-site services. Here are a few other benefits to consider:
- Off-site shredding services are convenient! No need to lift a finger as the secured document bins are taken away for you.
- Routine shredding reduces storage off-site storage expenses and clears up valuable space in-house.
- An environmentally-friendly practice
- A good option for businesses that need ongoing verified destruction of sensitive documents.
Off-site shredding complies with laws and regulations to help your organization avoid fines or litigation. Plus, our Certificate of Destruction provides tangible proof.
Why Choose TrueShred for Document Shredding Services?
Whether you choose on-site or off-site shredding services in the DC area, you can trust TrueShred through the entire process.
1. Trust our team – TrueShred is a locally owned and operated family business founded by security industry professionals.
2. Trust our security – TrueShred ensures a secure chain of custody for your sensitive material from the time it leaves your office to the conclusion of the curbside shredding process.
3. Trust our compliance – TrueShred issues Certificates of Destruction for your HIPAA, FACTA, or Gramm/Leach/Bliley compliance records.
4. Trust our reliability – TrueShred arrives on your scheduled date, or your service is free. Your satisfaction is always guaranteed—period!
5. Trust our pricing – TrueShred pricing is simple, fair, and straightforward with no surcharges and no surprises.
Contact TrueShred online or call us at 888-322-3218 for an estimate on off-site or on-site shredding services.
”TrueShred was prompt, efficient, clean and extremely professional. I plan to continue to use your service and will highly recommend TrueShred to other businesses.”READ MORE