Identity Theft: Document Shredding Can Protect Your DC Business
For all organizations, no matter how big or small, preventing fraud should be a top priority—unless you want to deal with the tough repercussions later on. Identity theft doesn’t just refer to consumer information, it also refers to business identities being compromised by frauds trying to steal company assets, client list, or credit card information. Don’t let your respectable company have a security breach that risks financial damages and your reputation.
Identity Theft Legal Actions
As identity theft becomes more and more common, legal precautions have been put in place. The Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act of 1998 (Identity Theft Act) was introduced by the U.S. government to address the growing problem of identity theft. The Identity Theft Act accomplished four things:
- It made identity theft a separate crime against the individual whose identity was stolen and credit destroyed.
- It established the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) as the Federal Government’s one central point of contact for reporting instances of identity theft by creating the Identity Theft Data Clearinghouse.
- It increased criminal penalties for identity theft and fraud.
- It closed legal loopholes, which previously had made it a crime to produce or possess false identity documents, but not to steal another personal’s personal identifying information.
Who Can Benefit From Secure Document Shredding?
Every company can benefit from document shredding—it’s one of the top prevention methods against identity theft. We specialize in shredding for the following businesses:
How Does Your Washington, DC Company’s Information Get Stolen?
Identity theft happens in many forms. It’s not old school anymore—people can access and steal your information in a matter of seconds. More often than not, fraud is committed when secure documents are accessible to the wrong people. If files are left out, visitors, or employees, are able to steal, photograph, or copy the confidential information.
Today’s technology has made everyone more vulnerable to security breaches and business data theft. Therefore, proper destruction of a company’s private data is crucial to avoid having your confidential information compromised.
Protect Your Business Identity with Secure Document Shredding
Document shredding companies provide multiple options for safely and discretely dispose of your private documents. For instance, TrueShred offers the following:
- One-time shredding – When you don’t have regular shredding needs, but do have a large amount of private documents and records that need to be destroyed, our technicians will come directly to your facility and perform convenient, on-site personal shredding.
- Secure shredding – With secure shredding, your office in the greater Washington, DC area will be supplied with a locked bin that holds your to-be-destroyed documents, ensuring document security until your documents are shredded and disposed of.
- Confidential-document destruction – As a NAID AAA Certified mobile shredding company, we take security of your personal documents very seriously. Your confidential documents will go straight from your office to our shredder.
- On-going shredding – Being a Washington, DC company, you understand how important discretion truly is. That being said, regularly scheduled shredding services are one of the most valuable investments your company can make. Locked bins are placed throughout your facility for the collection of confidential material. On a regular basis, our bonded, uniformed service tech will come to your office, empty your containers, and shred the contents in our state-of-the-art shredding truck before leaving your premises.
Secure Document Shredding for Companies throughout VA, MD, & DC
TrueShred is the leading shredding company serving Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Whether you require regularly scheduled shredding service or on-call shredding, TrueShred can take care of your document destruction needs securely and efficiently. Contact us for a free estimate today.
Call TrueShred at 888-322-3218 with any questions about identity theft prevention with our shredding services.
”TrueShred was prompt, efficient, clean and extremely professional. I plan to continue to use your service and will highly recommend TrueShred to other businesses.”READ MORE