GSA-Approved Shredding Services for the Washington, DC Metro Area
Secure Document Destruction for Government Offices
Digital and paper personal identifying information is often collected by government offices. At least 35 states, including Virginia and Maryland, have adopted laws that require governmental entities to destroy, dispose of, or otherwise make PII unreadable or indecipherable.
TrueShred is a qualified and GSA-approved government record shredding company that manages the disposal of your sensitive files in a way that adheres to current local, state, and federal privacy laws, including FACTA, aka the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act. When you need secure on- or off-site shredding service from a GSA-approve vendor, we ensure compliance and a proper audit trail for destroyed government agency files.
What Does It Mean To Be GSA-Approved?
The General Services Administration’s Multiple Award Schedule is a multibillion contract vehicle that makes it easier for contractors to sell their products and services to government agencies. GSA-approved companies establish long-term contracts that include GSA pre-approved services, products, pricing, and terms and conditions.
GSA-approved contractors like TrueShred are recognized as experienced vendors that comply with environmental, socioeconomic, and other important regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the General Services Acquisition Manual.
The Importance of Secure Document Destruction
The information contained in government documents is often highly sensitive. Benefits of secure document shredding include:
- Avoiding security breaches and identity theft.
- Mitigating possible legal action with data security and compliance.
- Enhancing productivity because employees do not perform shredding services.
- Having the convenience of both on- and off-site shredding services.
- Improved environmental responsibility through reduced refuse volume, electricity usage, and carbon footprint.
As the volume of paper and electronic records increases, government offices and agencies find that outsourcing their shredding to a GSA-approved contractor that issues certificates of destruction is the best way to guarantee the PPI in their records doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
GSA Pricing Schedule
When you work with a GSA-approved document shredding provider, you know in advance the pricing has been vetted by the powers that be. Our GSA Schedule 36 records management solutions are an ideal choice for government agencies.
- Our on-site document destruction services are the most secure shredding method available today, as the document chain of custody remains at your facility.
- We are AAA-certified by the National Association for Information Destruction and PRISM International™ (now known collectively as i-SIGMA®), meeting strict compliance standards for operational and facility security, employee screening and hiring, the destruction process, and insurance requirements.
- Our status as a Certified Protection Professional® verifies our compliance with more than 20 standards through scheduled and random audits.
Our On-Site Shredding Process for Government Agencies and Offices
TrueShred provides both off-site and on-site shredding services to meet our client’s needs. Most government agencies choose on-site shredding, as it guarantees the most secure chain of custody for PPI. Our convenient curbside shredding services use heavy-duty mobile shredding trucks that are equipped to destroy paper, hard drives, DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs, microfiche, X-rays, computer backup drives, videotapes, ID badges, and more.
We serve government agencies and offices throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia and have the expertise and knowledge necessary to comply with local, state, and federally required processes and policies.
Which Shredding Service Is Right for You?
TrueShred offers ongoing and one-time shredding services in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia.
- Ongoing shredding services can be arranged on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly schedule.
- One-time shredding services are for businesses that don’t require regular shredding but do have bulk records and documents they want to be destroyed in the quickest and most secure way.
Our secure scheduled shredding process is an easy two-step process:
- We place locked bins or consoles throughout your building or facility, free of charge, where employees can deposit confidential material.
- Our bonded, uniformed service technicians come to your office on your schedule, empty the containers, and shred them in our state-of-the-art trucks.
Why Choose TrueShred as Your GSA Shredding Vendor?
Government agencies, big and small, deserve secure destruction of documents and records that contain PPI. Whether you schedule one-time or ongoing shredding services, you can trust TrueShred throughout the entire shredding process.
- You get advanced pricing that’s been screened by the government.
- There’s no need to do additional research, as our iSigma AAA certification assures you we’re in compliance with federal procurement regulations and other requirements.
- We offer quantity discounts, and our minimum order is just $100.
- We have a variety of secure containers for your facility’s use, including 90-pound capacity secure locking consoles and 250-pound and 340-pound capacity secure locking bins.
- We serve government offices and agencies throughout the greater Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia areas.
If you’re looking for customized shredding solutions from an award-winning mobile company that’s GSA-approved and has excellent customer reviews, contact TrueShred online for a free estimate or call (888) 750-8783 to learn more.
”TrueShred was prompt, efficient, clean and extremely professional. I plan to continue to use your service and will highly recommend TrueShred to other businesses.”READ MORE