On-Site vs. Off-Site Shredding in MD, VA & Washington, DC
While on-site shredding is often a better choice than off-site shredding, each has its advantages. When it comes to on-site shredding, document security experts suggest that on-site shredding service greatly reduces the risk of compromised information in addition to saving your business time and effort. On the other hand, if you have a large one-time shredding job, off-site shredding is the more economical choice. Our team will pick up boxes of your documents and shred the contents at our location, still maintaining a high level of security for confidential information.
For on-site and off-site services in the Washington, DC area, contact TrueShred online or call us at (888) 322-3218.
Don’t Risk Compromising Your—or Your Clients’—Personal Information
When it comes to sensitive information, you want to ensure you choose a trustworthy company to handle the destruction of your documents. TrueShred is NAID AAA-certified, so you can rest assured that we hold all of our work to the highest quality and security standards. As an AAA-certified company, all of our employees are extensively screened and background checked to ensure that we have a trustworthy team to handle your document shredding needs.
If the security of sensitive documents is of particular concern to you, you may prefer on-site shredding at your location. This way, you can witness the entire shredding process via a closed-circuit monitor that is mounted on each shredding truck. Certificates of Destruction are issued after each service visit to validate your compliance with internal control procedures and legal obligations to your clients.
Regardless of whether you choose on- or off-site shredding, TrueShred’s process ensures secure handling of your sensitive information. From the moment your documents are inserted into our locked TrueShred consoles or bins, to the moment they are shredded, we ensure a safe, secure, and restricted process. For recurring weekly, biweekly, or monthly shredding service, or if you simply need to shred files pulled out of retention, TrueShred is your solution.
TrueShred securely recycles 100% of all shredded material.
Rely on TrueShred for Policy Compliance in Washington, DC
You have a legal obligation to ensure the privacy of your clients and employees by responsibly destroying discarded confidential information.
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1995 requires that health care industry professionals responsibly destroy discarded patient information and medical charts. Learn more about our DC-area medical shredding services.
- The Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA) of 2003 was enacted to reduce the risk of identity theft by requiring responsible destruction of discarded consumer information.
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) of 1999 requires banking and financial institutions to protect the confidentiality of consumer data. Learn more about our DC-area financial and accounting shredding services.
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) of 2002 says that certain paper and electronic records must be kept for five years. It also requires that public companies disclose and evaluate their internal controls. This means that an internal document retention and destruction policy is crucial for compliance.
TrueShred is a GSA-Approved Vendor for shredding and document destruction.
Why Trust TrueShred With Your Document Destruction?
TrueShred has NAID AAA Certification from the National Association for Information Destruction. Our NAID Certification demands strict compliance with standards for:
- Employee screening and hiring
- Operational and facility security
- The destruction process
- Insurance requirements
To achieve and maintain NAID AAA Certification, TrueShred passes annual audits and even random audits conducted by NAID.
Shred Securely in Washington, DC With TrueShred
”TrueShred was prompt, efficient, clean and extremely professional. I plan to continue to use your service and will highly recommend TrueShred to other businesses.”READ MORE