On-Site vs. Off-Site Shredding in MD, VA & Washington, DC
Why is on-site shredding superior to off-site shredding? In addition to saving your business time, money, and effort, document security experts suggest that on-site shredding service greatly reduces the risk of compromised information.
When sensitive information is taken to a remote location for shredding, the chain of custody is broken. Your materials may be handled and sorted by different parties, and the shredding process may even be subcontracted to a third party. More importantly, you never know if your documents were handled securely throughout the extended chain of custody. Why expose your confidential documents to these risks?
For on-site services in the Washington, DC area, contact TrueShred online or call us at (888) 322-3218.
Don’t Risk Compromising Your—or Your Clients’—Personal Information
TrueShred shreds exclusively on-site at your location. On-site shredding minimizes risk by confining the chain of custody to your site. You are even encouraged to witness the entire shredding process via a closed-circuit monitor that is mounted on each shredding truck. Certificates of Destruction are issued after each service visit to validate your compliance with internal control procedures and legal obligations to your clients.
TrueShred’s process ensures a secure, unbroken chain of custody for your sensitive information. From the moment your documents are inserted into our locked TrueShred consoles or bins, to the moment they are shredded curbside, the chain of custody remains unbroken and secure. Whether you require recurring weekly, biweekly, or monthly shredding service, or if you simply need to shred files pulled out of retention, TrueShred is your solution.
TrueShred securely recycles 100% of all shredded material.
Rely on TrueShred’s On-Site Service for Policy Compliance in Washington, DC
You have a legal obligation to ensure the privacy of your clients and employees by responsibly destroying discarded confidential information.
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1995 requires that health care industry professionals responsibly destroy discarded patient information and medical charts. Learn more about our DC-area medical shredding services.
- The Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA) of 2003 was enacted to reduce the risk of identity theft by requiring responsible destruction of discarded consumer information.
- The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) of 1999 requires banking and financial institutions to protect the confidentiality of consumer data. Learn more about our DC-area financial and accounting shredding services.
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) of 2002 says that certain paper and electronic records must be kept for five years. It also requires that public companies disclose and evaluate their internal controls. This means that an internal document retention and destruction policy is crucial for compliance.
TrueShred is a GSA-Approved Vendor for shredding and document destruction.
Why Trust TrueShred With Your On-Site Document Destruction?
TrueShred has NAID AAA Certification from the National Association for Information Destruction. Our NAID Certification demands strict compliance with standards for:
- Employee screening and hiring
- Operational and facility security
- The destruction process
- Insurance requirements
To achieve and maintain NAID AAA Certification, TrueShred passes annual audits and even random audits conducted by NAID.
Shred Securely in Washington, DC With TrueShred
Keep confidential and sensitive information secure. Make on-site shredding a part of your regular business practice. If you have any questions about confidential shredding and document destruction in the DC, Maryland, or Virginia areas, please call TrueShred at 888-322-3218 or contact us online.
”TrueShred was prompt, efficient, clean and extremely professional. I plan to continue to use your service and will highly recommend TrueShred to other businesses.”READ MORE